If you are about to take that first step towards getting a website these are some questions that you may want to consider. These are prompters and will enable to provide you and your web designer clarity about your vision for your website.
- What is the name of your business and can you please describe it in a few sentences?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What sets your business apart from your competitors?
- What are the top goals of your website?
- What are the 3 most common questions your customers / constituents / stakeholders ask you (online or off)?
- What do you think you are currently best known for?
- Are there awards, publications, or appearances we can include on the site to help build your credibility?
- Do you have any content prepared that you would like to go on your site?
- Are there current clients / constituents / stakeholders that we can ask for testimonials?
- What do you know about the people who are likely to visit your website?
- What do you want your users to do on your website or as a result of visiting your site?
- What plans do you have over the next 6 months to 2 years that we should know about as we develop the content strategy?
- What key phrases or search terms would you like to be found for?
- Who is going to be responsible for the websites content?
- What don’t you want on your site?
- Is there anything I missed that you would like to add?
If you would like more information about how Bailey Design may help you with your website please get in touch.
Simon is a Sydney based digital designer. He is the Director of a boutique digital design studio, Bailey Street Design located in the vibrant inner west suburb of Newtown. Simon studied graphic design at Shillington College and specialises in web design for small and medium size businesses. Simon and his team (Toby the studio dog) are passionate about visual communication in the digital environment
If you would like a hand with a design project please Get in Touch ⟶
If you enjoyed reading this post you may also be interested in reading;